As a twenty-first century, business-facing university, the University of Hertfordshire is committed to giving its students the skills they need to succeed in the global marketplace.
They leave the University of Hertfordshire confident, experienced and highly employable.
The University achieves this by:
- combining traditional teaching methods by top academic staff with digital resources including the University’s online student network,
- teaching courses that are all designed with the input of business and professional bodies.
- giving students the chance to learn about employability through listening to the experience of its alumni.
- organising networking events where staff, students and graduates can meet.
- offering a vibrant multicultural campus.
- giving students the option of studying at one of its partner universities overseas.
- offering students valuable work experience in research, business or industry before their final academic year.
Gwilym Morris, an expert in visual effects and computer animation who has worked on films like Lord of the Rings and King Kong, is one of the University’s part-time lecturers and a guest speaker.
The University’s special effects students work on live projects for real clients. They’ve worked on Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Batman Begins and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
One of the University’s students is working in partnership with Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, on a wind turbine control system.
Another is working with Nokia to increase road safety for motorcyclists by installing a second brake light on the motorcycle helmet.
The University of Hertfordshire’s Business School has piloted an innovative project, the Business Marketing @ UH award, in which local SMEs get together with academics and students to develop specific strategic marketing plans.
More than 20 companies have benefited from the project, including:
- Ceylon Pride
- Hot Monkey Design
- Supreme Being Clothing
Source: University of Hertfordshire’s website
DOES UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE ACCEPT MALAYSIA’S ENGLISH 1119 TEST RESULTS?
Yes! Read more here.