Malaysian nationals intending to study in the UK will be required to apply for a student visa. Applications can be made at the UK Visa Application Centre, in Kuala Lumpur.
Please refer to this website for the latest information on visas: www.vfsglobal.co.uk/malaysia
On arrival in the UK, you will usually need the following in hand:
- Valid passport (with UK student visa)
- Original education certificates/transcripts, in order to register at the university
- Details of your university and accommodation offer (e.g. CAS, etc.)
- Flight tickets and details of any bookings you have made for coach collection services, train journeys, orientation programme, etc.
- Evidence to prove you have sufficient funds to pay your tuition fees and maintain your livelihood (and any dependants if applicable). For example, bank drafts, letter from bank, recent bank statements, letter from sponsor, etc. The UK Visas & Immigration reserves the right to check this.
- Credit cards, travellers cheques, some cash (do not carry large amounts of cash).
- TB (Tuberculosis) certificate and related documents
Carry all these documents with you in your hand luggage (not checked-in baggage) to keep them safe and allow you to have easy access to them when travelling and on arrival at a UK airport. You will be asked to produce some of the documents indicated above at the Immigration section of a UK airport. You need to clear Immigration first, before you collect your baggage.
It would also be useful to make a few photocopies of your passport and student visa.
Have more questions about studying in the UK?
Call us at 03-7956 7655 / +6017-339 7453 or email email@example.com
to reach us immediately. Otherwise, try this: